Personal data are details you provide to us when you decide to register within sections of the website. It is personal identifiable information including name, address, telephone number, email address, financial details, username, password, and other information which you may disclose to us.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data or personal information means any information about an individual from which they can be identified. The data that Ira & Isla Baby and Kids collects about you are limited to the information you provide for in connection to the services we offer and your interactions with Ira & Isla Baby and Kids. This could include purchasing online, or when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how users’ journey through our website, so we can offer the best possible experience.
The ways we collect information are listed below:
- With your prior consent, your data is collected when you provide them to us when creating an account, placing an order, or signing up for our newsletter, as well as for the technical administration of the website.
- When you register or use iraandisla.com (the ‘Website’).
- When you contact Ira & Isla Baby and Kids by telephone or email.
- When you sign up to receive emails from us.
- When you buy products from Ira & Isla Baby and Kids via the website.
- When you visit iraandisla.com our webserver may automatically record your IP address.
- Give us some feedback.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, health). Nor do we collect any information about criminal conviction and offences.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data provided or collected via this website, or otherwise will only be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- DEVICE INFORMATION EXAMPLES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. Information about how you use our website and products.
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTION to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- SOURCE OF COLLECTION collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or
- DISCLOSURE FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE shared with our processor Shopify, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- EXAMPLES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED your first name, maiden name, last name username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender. Contact data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. Financial data includes bank account details and payment card details, your username and password (encrypted and only stored for the purpose of recognizing your login on the website) details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us. Preferences in receiving marketing from us.
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTION to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- SOURCE OF COLLECTION collected from you.
- DISCLOSURE FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE shared with our processor Shopify, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, providers of email and mobile phone message management and despatch services.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT INFORMATION
- EXAMPLES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED Your first name, maiden name, last name username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender. Contact data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. Financial data includes bank account details and payment card details, your username and password (encrypted and only stored for the purpose of recognizing your login on the website) details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTION to provide customer support.
- SOURCE OF COLLECTION collected from you.
- DISCLOSURE FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE providers of technical, payment and delivery services, providers of email and mobile phone message management and despatch services.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND STORE PERSONAL DATA
We share your personal data with service providers who provide services for us. These service providers maybe granted access to some or all the personal data you provide, or we collect, depending on the activity required.
We may transmit your information to third parties, such as our company’s service providers. We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal data here https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We assure you that all your personal data will be kept confidential and access to them will be restricted to employees of our company and of our company’s service providers to fulfil their duties to us. We guarantee that all of employees with access to your personal data are bound by an obligation of confidentiality and will be exposed to disciplinary measures and/or other sanctions in the event of their failure to comply with that obligation. Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site.
By registering an account online or making a purchase online you will be given the option to receive updates on products, news, special offers events of interests and promotions. You can choose not to receive marketing communications from us at any time by:
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- Using the unsubscribe facility in an email from us
- changing your email preferences within you registered account
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product experience or other transactions.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or other requirements.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your legal rights below for further information.
ACCESS TO, OR UPDATES TO PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS?
You can, at any time (when creating your account or placing an order, or via your personal account settings on our website) access, modify, update, or request the erasure of your personal details.
You can also, without having to give a reason and at no cost to you, exercise your right to access, modify update or erase your data by sending a written request to Ira & Isla Baby and Kids, 21 Milton Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 9PL, or by email to email@example.com.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Ira & Isla Baby and Kids Ltd, 21 Milton Street, Banbury OX16 9PL, United Kingdom.
Last updated: 06 November 2021
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO and so please contact us first.